Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Flower Class Part 1

On Saturday my mom(www.crazystampinglady.blogspot.com ) and I hosted a 3-D Flower class. With all the rage of paper flowers right now we thought this would be a perfect theme for our monthly class....see the link above "upcoming events" to register for our next class-vintage! It's going to be great!
So for our flower class we made 4 projects and two additional flowers, plus we showed how to make a few other flowers! And everyone who attended gets a list of websites, blogs and catty pages with great flowers on them!
Above is one of the projects we made. It is a bookmark that the flower hangs over the front of the book and there is a knot at the bottom of the ribbon(that you can hardly see in the picture) the knot hold the book mark in place so it doesn't slip out!

The next flower project we made was a shadow box. Here you can see the finished project put together.
I wanted to show the box open since I was getting a bit of a glare. I came up with the cool water lily/Magnolia/white flower thing when I couldn't find anything "big" enough to "fill" the shadow box! I must say I really like it!

So here it is head on with no glass! Hope you like it!

No comments: