Sunday, June 20, 2010

Not Quite Artisan Worthy-Day 6

So for the artisan award you have to submit two 3-d items. I struggled a bit with this because I am a self thought, only know the basics, not perfect-perfectionist type sewer. BUT I thought it was a good idea, so I went for it! Maybe I will blame me not winning the award on the fact that I am far from a seamstress! Yep, that is it, that's why I didn't win! :) So I sewed this pillow, added our ribbon as trim,and corduroy buttons as centers to the flowers which I made with.....
The little tiny pieces that cut out from the lattice die cut. I thought it was pretty clever, I guess stampin up! not so much :(

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Well Heidi, you win in my book. I think this is lovely and I can't tell that you aren't a perfect seamstress! What an awesome idea to use the ribbon, buttons & Big Shot cutouts to make a pillow.