Sunday, June 13, 2010

Daffodils!!!!

So I love clean lines, in my design, in clothing, somewhat in my cards, but defiantly in flowers! I am not a rose kinda girl...which my husband picked up on very quickly:)
Lilies, orchids,iris, and daffodils rank in my top five! I love the simplicity of these flowers! So when I got the new Island Floral die I knew right away what had to be done!
Daffodils!!!!Since they are so large, they are a bit difficult to put on a card. They are VERY 3-d and about the size of an actual daffodil. Show above it the finished flower box I came up with. With a few sneak peeks of our new products available July 1st. I used, of course the new daffodil delight card stock, old olive card stock, and the new Greenhouse Gala DSP!!! The stamp set is also new...called Friends never fade. The images are stamped in the new early espresso, baja breeze, and real red! Hope you enjoy the tutorial.
Step 1
You will need 2 squares 3 1/2" and I strip 1 1/2"x4 1/4


Step 2
Cut the two squares into the three petal flower on the island floral die, scallop one side of the strip of paper and score the other side 1/4" up


step 3
Sponge the edge of the petals and scallop on the strip. Fold the score line up on towards the shaded side of the scallop, then cut small slits into the bottom of the scallop strip up to the score line. Curl with a bone folder the petals upward to form a cup-like shape, curl the scallop down with the shaded side facing up.


step 4
Glue the two flowers together and form a circle with the scalloped strip gluing the seam with tombo, you can use a paper clip to hold it together while it dries.


Step 5
Once the scallop strip has dried, put a small amount of mono adhesive on the tabs you cut.


step 6
Press it down on the center of the flower. You will need to hold it for a minute so it can dry. I took the eraser end of a pencil and push it down on the tabs if the where popping up at all.


step 7
Add a large brad in the center of the flower to hold everything in place.
Thanks for stopping by!!!!!









No comments: