Saturday, May 8, 2010

Mother's Day Necklace

So this year for mother's day I thought it would be nice if I made my mom and mother-in-law a simply adorn necklace. I decided on the 1"x1 1/4" size charm and attached it to a ribbon instead of the chain. I think it gives it a softer look.

The one you see in this post is for my mom. Since I am seeing her today for mother's day, I needed to have it done a bit early. I will be off to work on my mother-in-laws next.
I used Vintage Vogue and the Very Vintage wheel. The color palette is Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, and Sage Shadow all stamped on very vanilla card stock. The flower is layered to give a little dimension onside the charm, and I added a vintage brad to the center.
Since it is for mother's day I added a little sentiment on the back. I took the teeny tiny wishes sentiment happy mother's day and marker-ed it in order to make it stack and fit in the charm.


No comments: